Beet Pulp Moisture
Beet pulp moisture is extremely important when processing, even though this product is sold in a dried form. Before it is dried, it has high moisture content and is susceptible to mold. Unnecessary beet pulp moisture obviously increases the chances of mold, which makes the plant both unsellable and unsafe to handle.
If beet pulp is kept at proper moisture levels during handling, horses that ingest it can be just as healthy as those that eat hay. Because the product contains fairly low crude protein content and a profuse level of fiber, animal owners rely on beet pulp as a positive alternative to hay and grain.
Get more information regarding our beet pulp moisture detector.